Monday, December 5, 2011

Down, but not out

We can officially check-off another box on the list of parenting to-do's; we survived our first few "sick days" with a baby.  I got a call last Wednesday from Anna's school telling me she'd woken up from her nap with a fever.  A doctor's visit later that afternoon cleared her other than the fever and we survived the next few days with a lot of cuddles, extra time with Mom, and our PJs.  But, not without her fever spiking again on Friday afternoon and another visit to the doctor *just to be sure* ... I didn't want to get to the weekend and have the ER be our only option.  He cleared her again and apparently cured her during that visit because she was a ball of energy that evening and totally fine by Saturday.  Perfect timing to make her Momma look like a paranoid hypochondriac ... hey, I'd rather be safe than sorry, she's the only baby I've got : ) 

Tired little girl!!  On Thursday she'd only nap in my arms ... it melted my heart!

Sleeping in Dad's arms while Mom did a little work before bed on Thursday,
so sweet even when she's sick!

Somewhere along the way Anna decided to start sitting up all by herself
and is totally ready for Christmas!

And she found her tongue, too! 
She can also blow raspberries ... more on that in a separate post : )

2 comments:

Ms. Thomas said...

I wish I was that adorable when I was sick. What an angel when she's sleeping. How do you not just let her nap in your arms all the time?!

Lisa said...

C & K love these pics. And are glad Anna's feeling better!